READY TO FAIL YOUR NEXT CHECKRIDE?
What if you had a complete system to manage any emergency in the A320?
The answer is simple.
With a complete system, you’d be able to make far better decisions with much less stress.
You’d find it easier to perform at a higher level and come closer to becoming a complete pilot.
Best of all, you’d pass any checkride event easily.
See. optimal emergency management utilises a skill set that’s very different from the ops normal work you do every day.
It’s a skill set that most instructors don’t really understand.
And that’s why you still don’t know exactly how to work your way through an abnormal event.
Without a comprehensive system, your decision-making process (if you have one at all) is likely riddled with gaps, blind spots, and untested assumptions.
You probably already know that it’s a pretty crap way to operate during an emergency o checkride.
Ready for something better than “Aviate, Navigate, and Communicate?”
I know you are.
It doesn’t matter if you’re brand new to the Bus or have been typed for decades, when everything’s falling apart, if you want to stay ahead of the aircraft, you need to be able to think clearly.
But for most pilots, when things start getting hot, the brain stumbles.
Clarity and logic vanish, just when they’re needed most.
But it doesn’t have to be like this.
Imagine if you had a step-by-step method to deal with any emergency.
One that was easy to learn and even easier to remember.
Structured, so it was simple to use.
Complete, so it covered everything.
Flexible, so you could adapt it to a variety of situations.
Wouldn’t that be a pretty useful thing to have?
Easy. Structured. Flexible. Complete.
Checkmate can help you manage your next emergency with increased mental capacity, sound judgment, and a thought process that’s both structured and flexible.
See, by showing you the underlying process common to all abnormal situations, Checkmate reveals the actions required during any emergency and shows you exactly how to prioritise these correctly.
And since it’s a complete system, you’ll learn everything you need to know, everything you need to do, and even everything you need to say to get you through standard (and even not-so-standard) checking events in the A320.
Let’s face it, when you know what to do and when to do it, emergency management becomes simple, easy, and almost pleasant.
If you always thought that there must be a better way, you were right.
Why not get Checkmate and ace your next checkride?
There’s a lot riding on your next check. Don’t fuck it up.
Look, when things start going pear-shaped, while it’s nice to have a big watch, what you really need is a complete emergency management system.
Checkmate is designed to show you everything you need to know, do, and say to get you through a standard checking event in the A320.
It’s perfect for you if:
- You want a simple, practical, and comprehensive method to deal with any emergency in the Airbus.
- You want to perform better during checkrides with less stress and less anxiety.
- You want an easy, straightforward path to better flight deck decision-making skills.
- You want to become a better aviator in the least amount of time.
Look, great pilots are defined by the way they handle emergencies.
If you want to join their ranks, you’re going to have to level up.
Why let poor emergency management skills fill you with anxiety and prevent you from being the best.
Let Checkmate give you the tools to succeed.
Checkmate is packed with decades of experience flying and training the Airbus!
- How to clearly define the problem in an emergency.
- How to break any emergency or checkride down into well-defined steps.
- How to avoid and survive common Airbus traps.
- How to manage an emergency or checkride in a way that is straightforward, repeatable and bulletproof.
- How to free up valuable mental capacity and tap into your natural ability to think clearly, organically and out of the box.
- How to ace your next Checkride!
- How to increase your confidence and leadership skills.
- How seasoned professionals manage emergencies with confidence and ease.
Ever wished you had some solid checkride guidance? Now you do!
There’s an underlying process common to all abnormal situations.
Make sure you know what it is.
A COMPLETE SYSTEM
PASS YOUR CHECKRIDE!
CHECKMATE is a complete decision-making system for managing any abnormal or emergency situation on the A320.
It’s easy to learn and even easier to use.
In fact, if you’ve managed to learn your ABCs, then you’ve got what it takes to learn Checkmate.
It’s that easy!
So ditch the stress and shake off the anxiety.
Say goodbye to the devastating mistakes.
If you’re ready to become a better pilot, we can help you get there.
LEARN HOW TO THINK
When things fall apart, make sure you know how to think, plan and execute.
CHECKMATE helps you learn the art of great planning, so you can utilise all available means, especially when resources and options become limited.
It’s a step-by-step solution to all of your Checkride and Emergency Management problems.
There is a clear path through every emergency.
Let Checkmate show you the way.
Great airmanship lives at the intersection of knowledge, logic, situational awareness and planning.
You can get there in two different ways.
First, you can spend 20+ years honing your ability to think, see and understand.
Or you could just get Checkmate.
As they say in Thailand, “Up to you.”
So who’s it for?
New hire or just checked to the line?
Let’s make sure you don’t washout!
If you’re a new A320 pilot, the best time to learn how to manage an emergency or checkride is now.
Even if you haven’t started training yet, now is the perfect time to get a jump start on learning the fine art of emergency management.
That’s because your initial training on the A320 is already going to be stressful enough.
You’re going to be seriously pressed for time and incredibly busy learning systems, company SOPs, callouts, flows, and profiles.
And don’t forget, you still have to learn to fly the bloody aircraft.
You probably couldn’t pick a worse time to try to learn how to manage an emergency if you tried.
So why struggle to come up with your own solution?
Especially when a better one exists?
Why not use Checkmate to learn industry best practices for managing any emergency.
You’ll save valuable time and effort, all while preventing some very costly mistakes.
Best of all, the concepts you’ll learn from Checkmate will give you a serious advantage over your peers.
See, Checkmate is soundly based on Airbus SOP’s, strong logic, and the maintenance of great situational awareness.
And with a laser focus on the correct prioritisation of both thought and task, it’s a great fit for the new Airbus pilot.
Instead of just sitting around, waiting for your class date, why not use your time wisely and let Checkmate show you a simple, straightforward, paint-by-numbers, done-for-you system.
It’s been carefully designed to show you exactly what to do to resolve any emergency situation and ace your checkride.
You don’t want to be the guy who washes out of training.
And you don’t want to be the guy who barely scrapes by either.
Get Checkmate and get to the top of the class.
Frequently Asked Questions…
Checkmate is the world’s first and only complete system designed to:
- Show you everything you need to know, do, and say to get you through a standard (or not so standard) checking event in the A320.
- Show you everything you need to know, do and say to get through any in-flight emergency in the A320.
Checkmate has given pilots from all over the world a clearer, more accurate and more practical understanding of just how to deal with any abnormal event in the A320.
Checkmate acts as a roadmap to your emergency, and by showing you a clear way through it, reduces your stress, increases your capacity and allows you to perform at your very best.
So whether you need a straightforward way to get through your next checkride or simply want a better way to approach emergency management and decision-making in general, Checkmate is for you.
Checkmate will teach you a set of foundational concepts designed to help you work through any emergency.
You’ll learn the best way to think about abnormal events, as well as how to gather and process the information that matters so you can make decisions that are both safe and sensible.
By understanding the real factors at play during any abnormal event you’ll be better able to visualise the structure of good emergency management.
See, it’s our contention that there’s an underlying process that occurs in every abnormal situation.
And when you know how this works, you’ll find that there is a step-by-step method to accomplish everything you need to do to pass your checkride easily, competently, and with less anxiety.
One of the most interesting things about emergency management is that you don’t need to know everything.
By simply understanding a few key concepts, you really can know exactly how to deal with an emergency in a way that proceeds logically, covers everything, and allows you to remain calm, collected and confident.
In essence, Checkmate shows you exactly what you need to think about.
By focusing your thought process, Checkmate prevents your brain from wasting mental energy on stuff that doesn’t matter.
When your brain knows exactly what things to look for, what things to consider and what things to do, it becomes efficient using the minimum exertion for the maximum effect.
The end result is focus, clarity, increased mental capacity and continual situational awareness.
Best of all, Checkmate’s framework is designed to attach new knowledge to old, putting everything together in a way that’s both easy to learn and easy to use.
Think of it like this.
If someone asked you to go find something in a closet, would you rather know what you’re looking for before you start looking, or after you’ve finished looking?
Most pilots go through an emergency not knowing what they’re looking for.
And that makes it pretty hard to find.
Get Checkmate and learn to see.
Checkmate consists of 50 short lessons designed to show you exactly how to think, see and work through your next emergency.
It’s a complete system and likely quite different from anything you’ve experienced before.
While there is a ton of information presented, this course is most definitely not about sheer data.
See, data points by themselves are relatively useless.
Checkmate shows you how to connect data points to create information and then goes a step further by teaching you just how to organise this information.
The end result is an emergency management model that maximises your situational awareness and mental capacity, which is exactly what you need when the shit hits the fan.
Quizzes support the material and ensure that you are learning it in the correct way.
The course proceeds according to a well-thought-out, logical structure and provides ample background information for those wishing to delve deeper.
Lots of people think it’s the best course on emergency management out there.
You will too.
Checkmate is for Airbus pilots of all levels.
It’s designed for any pilot who wants to level up and join the ranks of the very best.
Regardless of your experience level and flying background, if you’ve ever wanted:
- A better way to deal with your checkride.
- To perform at a higher level.
- To be able to think clearly during an emergency.
- To understand how the best pilots naturally structure their emergency management.
- To reduce checkride related stress and anxiety.
- A clear, straightforward, step-by-step way to work through your checkride.
Then Checkmate is for you.
With Checkmate, the management of any emergency becomes a known entity.
This means you can learn how to deal with it in a clear, straightforward and repeatable way.
Because Checkmate shows you everything you need to know to manage any abnormal event, it’s the ideal tool for all pilots.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re new to the Bus or have been driving one for years, Checkmate can bring new skills and insights to just about every pilot.
Remember, Checkmate is designed to show you a precise method designed to help you interpret, process and respond to abnormal events.
That means there’s something in it for every pilot who is striving for excellence and wants to be amongst the best.
And if you’re the kind of pilot that’s read this far down into the FAQ, then Checkmate is probably a perfect fit for you.
Break the chains that are holding you back.
Let Checkmate help you become the best aviator you can be.
Checkmate has been intentionally designed to be ridiculously easy to learn.
We know you’re pressed for time and a solution that requires a ton of work isn’t really a solution.
So in the initial stages, all you have to do to make Checkmate work is to memorise the process.
That means, if you’re seriously pressed for time, you can use the quick start guide to learn the basics well enough to get through a checkride in less than two hours.
However, to really get the most out of it, a few weeks of study at about an hour a day will give you time to understand the system, assimilate the material and apply it to your operation.
Perhaps best of all, once learned the system is so easy that it’s hard to forget.
If you can learn the alphabet, you can learn to use Checkmate.
Everything we do is centred upon this question.
Unfortunately, there’s a long history of top-down, take it or leave it instruction in aviation.
With Checkmate, our goal is to create an open, supportive environment where everything is driven by the pursuit of knowledge, clarity and understanding.
Even though most of the work you’ll be doing is on your own, if you’ve got a question or a problem, you can always email me directly or post it on the board.
This can be an invaluable way to get peer feedback and see how others have handled the same problem.
Facilitating your growth to bring out your best is our ultimate goal.
It’s also our promise.
Let’s be honest.
If you even think you might need it, then you probably need it.
As for the price, yes, it’s expensive.
But it’s important to understand that price is different from cost.
See, what you really should be asking yourself is what’s the cost of a failed checkride?
An economist would point out that there are several economic values that a buyer considers when evaluating a purchase.
Let’s take a look at these to determine if Checkmate is worth it.
- Efficacy. Does it work?
- Checkmate works like a charm. Not only has it been tested, iterated, and refined on hundreds of pilots around the world, but these same pilots use it to shine during checkrides and cut through the bullshit when things go pear-shaped in real life. Checkmate works because it was developed from the bottom up with one singular purpose; to identify, organise, assemble and systematise the emergency management and thought processes of the very best pilots on earth. So, yes, it works.
- Speed. How soon does it work?
- Like any good medicine, Checkmate works fast. To use it effectively, you simply have to memorise the process. That’s it. Let’s put it this way. The English alphabet has 26 letters and you probably didn’t have too much difficulty memorising them. Checkmate has 22 items to memorise and most of them you already know. As soon as you’ve drilled the system into your head, it’s ready to go to work for you.
- Reliability. Can I depend on it to do what it’s supposed to do?
- Unlike a valve, gasket, hammer or horse, Checkmate is a mental process and not a physical thing. That means the more you use it, the better it gets. Each use allows you to see more, understand more, and ask better questions. As already mentioned, it’s been developed from the insights, processes and workflows of some of the best aviators on earth. It’s undergone extensive testing in all types of abnormal situations and follows the foundational principles of sound airmanship as well as Airbus SOP. Forget reliable. Checkmate is fucking bulletproof.
- Ease of use. How easy is it to use?
- You’ll quickly find that using Checkmate is a whole lot easier than bumbling your way through a checkride. This is due in large part to Checkmate’s ability to help you see the entire emergency process. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again. Checkmate shows you what to do now, what to do next and what to do after that. You’ll no longer be consumed with worrying about what you’ve forgotten because Checkmate will prove to you that there is a specific place and time for every thought and every action required during an emergency. This frees up valuable mental capacity which allows you to see, anticipate and cope with even more. Your emergency unfolds according to the schedule you set, so instead of being reactive and playing catch-up with the aircraft, you’re in charge, driving the situation and never in doubt of a successful outcome.
- Flexibility. How many things does it do?
- Checkmate doesn’t slice and it doesn’t dice. It does one thing. It shows you how to manage any emergency whether that be in the aeroplane or in the simulator.
- Status. How does this affect how people see me?
- A crappy pilot poses a significant danger to the crew, the passengers and the operation as a whole. Whilst incompetence can be tolerated in a variety of disciplines, flying jets is not one of them. Professional pilots want to work with other professionals, not amateurs dressed up in a costume. See when you’ve got world-class decision-making skills, aviators take notice. When you’re the kind of pilot that can handle the shit hitting the fan in a calm, collected and confident manner, you’ll find that you’re respected, feared and loved for your skillset. Checkmate can get you that skillset, quickly and easily.
- Emotion. How does it make me feel?
- When you surmount any obstacle you become more confident in your own skills and abilities. This bump in confidence allows you to push the envelope of your own skillset even further, and in the process, you grow, develop and become even better. Because Checkmate gives you the tools to manage any emergency, you’ll find a new level of confidence in your own abilities. You’ll no longer show up to a checking event with your tail between your legs. Instead of being terrified of screwing things up, you’ll be ready to show the checker just how good you are. It’s a mind shift of monumental proportions and you can only get it when you know what you’re doing. Checkmate is your first step on a long journey of success.
Let’s say you’ve got a 20-year career ahead of you.
If we average the cost out over 20 years, Checkmate will cost you about $50 per year.
That’s less than 14 cents a day (in USD)
Compared to the cost of failing a checkride, I’d say it’s a steal.
Look, that failed ride is going to be a huge blow to your self-confidence and will change the way other pilots see you.
It may delay or prevent you from getting your command and may even cause you to lose your job.
Let’s not even bring up the impact it could have on your personal relationships.
So think back to your last checkride.
Remember how you felt the night before? The anxiety slowly building up.
Remember when you sat down in the sim and nothing felt right.
Remember when things started to fall apart and how that first mistake so perfectly set up the next, and all the others that followed?
Remember the debrief and the training report?
What if something could make all of that go away?
Would you pay 14 cents a day for a thing like that?
If so, that thing is Checkmate.
Remember, to measure the true value of a thing, make sure you weigh the price against the cost.
It’s easier to be good than to be lucky.
All you need is the right tool.
That tool is Checkmate.
Because when you’re on the rocks, swimming becomes religion.